Out Story Begins in Room 268...

 


Why RTWH 2024?

Out of the many course offerings provided by the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, why did I decide to choose Road to the White House?

This once in four-years opportunity was not one that I could pass up.

From the flyers scattered around the University Student Center to the countless emails from the Political Science department spreading awareness of the program, I was instantly intrigued by the prospect of working on the campaign of potential presidential candidates. As a Pre-Law student who intends to go to law school, I desired not only the first-hand experiences that I could derive from this program, but also the connections that could be extremely helpful for future networking and job prospects. 

The application process was simple and less stressful than I had originally anticipated. Our head professor, Dr. Judithanne Scourfield McLauchlan, conducted interviews with ease and comfort, eager to be leading this program and having us go on this journey together. Then came the waiting...
until the acceptance email arrived in my inbox! 

As the fall semester came to and end I was getting ready for another semester full of interesting panels/guest speakers, engaging assignments, and above all else the trip to South Carolina for the primaries. 

So far, we've gotten the chance to meet with Professor David P. Redlawsk of the University of Delaware and Professor Dante Scala of the University of New Hampshire as well as construct presentations on the political candidates running for nomination. I'm so excited to share this wonderful adventure with everyone, and can't wait to document my experience on the front lines of politics. See you soon!

Grace and I in class!
From St. Pete With Love, 
Olivia










Comments

Popular Posts